Getting started in consulting can be a tricky prospect. How much should you charge? What type of language should exist in the contract? How can you find clients? Written by a veteran consultant with hundreds of consulting engagements to his credit, How to Make it Big as a Consultant is filled with detailed advice on every aspect of starting up and maintaining a highly lucrative consulting career.
Also, know that:
"A consultant is an entire company all rolled up into one person! A consultant acts as marketer, salesperson, subject expert, legal adviser, accountant, negotiator, and more! In other words--consultants need help!
That's why How to Make It Big as a Consultant keeps selling and selling. Written by a veteran consultant with hundreds of consulting engagements to his credit, this up-close-and-personal guide is filled with highly-focused, detailed advice on every aspect of starting up and maintaining a highly lucrative consulting career.
Completely updated, the third edition includes new chapters on how to do effective research, and how the Internet can provide a multitude of business opportunities. All the basics that make this book a favorite are still included, such as how to:
* Understand what clients think they need (and analyze if it's what they really need)
* Market the business--both directly and indirectly
* Create the structure for an assignment (proposals, pricing, contracts, scheduling)
* Solve clients' problems (using the Harvard Case Study Method)
* Structure and run the business (all the legal, tax, and insurance issues)
* Grow and evolve to become an outstanding consultant--one that clients turn to again and again." (less)